RE: Advice on a MGC wanted

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Advice on a MGC wanted
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:31:24 -0600
Only tangentially related to original post:

Is the auto tranny B or C any different structurally from the "normal"  =
car?  The reason I ask is that among the BMW 2002 crowd, while autos are =
looked down upon as drivers, they are considered excellent candidates =
for 5-speed conversion because the transmission tunnel is wider and =
accommodates the later, bigger 5-speed without modification.  Is the =
tunnel any different on automatic MGs and, if so, has anyone considered =
them as candidates for conversion?

Phil Vanner
Just curious, I'd never consider doing anything that wasn't  "original"  =
;-) =20

I'm lookin at a '69 MGC roadster.  Good body, paint, etc.  Smog equip
intact (not that it matters to the state of IA).  Seems to have a
reasonable price in mind. =20

The only thing is - it has an automatic tranny.  I know these are
relatively rare, but I'm a bit hesitant.  I'll add this - If the car had =
manual OD I'd buy it insantly.

My question is - should  it matter?  Do you have any experience with an
auto in an MGC or B?

Thanks,

Kurt Bangert