Re: Advice on a MGC wanted-Reply

To: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Advice on a MGC wanted-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:39:23 +0930

> On Saturday, 22 November 1997 Jed wrote

> Were I in your shoes, my primary concern when evaluating this purchase
> (aside from driving a sports car with an automatic transmission) would be
> the availability of parts for the tranny should it crap out on you.  My
> guess is that parts are mighty scarce!

The tranny is a Borg Warner 35 common to heaps of cars and should
not be difficult to find parts for, if you need parts? this is a sturdy
tranny
My wife drives one in an MGB every day with no problems [ Oops- what
have I done?]
IMHO-MGC-Auto? Yes, I'd go for it in a flash.

Cheers.

Scotty
Adelaide, Australia.