Re: Advice on a MGC wanted

To: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Advice on a MGC wanted
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:18:13 -0600
Phil Vanner wrote:

> Is the auto tranny B or C any different structurally from the "normal"  car?
><skip the balsphemy>  Is the tunnel any different on automatic MGs and, if so,
>has anyone considered them as candidates for conversion?

Well, Phil, as I understand it you got it back-asswards (which is another
prerequsite of LBC ownership). The 'B' transmission tunnel after 1967 became
that wide specifically to accomodate the 'C' auto tranny as it became
'rationalized' into the 'B' forever onwards.

Also, I've heard in other markets there was a 'B' automatic available for many
years but, of course, as it was other markets who cares!

As for the other post, the 'C' transmission shares a lot with the 'B'. What it
doens't share is the actual case which has a much bigger flywheel area. It's a
bitch to find the tranny not already attached to a whole car.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has