Prices of cars in the old days

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Prices of cars in the old days
From: Ed & Kris Curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:22:21 -0500
I just picked up a magazine in an antique store called Cars & Parts.
The issue that I bought was for February, 1973.  In it were some
interesting items for sale:

MGTC - a fine original example in regular summer use. $2,000

1963 XKE Jaguar Coupe with new tires, brakes, battery and exhaust
system.  $1,650

1964 Jaguar E type coupe, air condition, rebuilt engine, body in good
condition.  $1,000

MGBGT 1967 Anniversary Special, $2,000

55 MGTF 1500 with spare engine.  $1,250

(who would have ever thought to see a MGB being almost twice as
expensive as a TF or an E type)

1935 MG NA four seater sports tourer, excellent mechanical condition.
$2,000

These prices make you wish you could go back in time to pay and bring
the cars up to today.

Which brings us to the point of this e-mail.  What stories do the old
guys on the net have about picking up their MGs for a lot less money
than they would pay now?

Ed Curtis