Re: Prices of cars in the old days

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Prices of cars in the old days
From: Mike Cook <mpcook@highaltitude.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:17:08 -0700
I bought my first MG in 1971.  It was a '61 MGA in very good condition
with about 45k miles and I paid $500.  It seemed like a lot at the time
(I made $7,000 per year).  My next MG was a 1960 MG Midget 948cc with the
plastic side curtains.  It was in fair shape, in desperate need of
brakes, top leaked, paint rough.  I bought it in 1973 for $600.  I sold
it in 1974 for $500 after investing nothing in it.  My next MG was a 1979
MG Midget with 42k miles in very good condition for which I paid $2,000
this year.  Seemed like a good deal (I make a lot more these days).

MIKE
79 MG Midget (currently sitting nice and snug in a warm garage for the
winter)