Re: Turn Signal problem

To: Tom@LakeMurray.com
Subject: Re: Turn Signal problem
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:05:13 -0500 (EST)
***********************************
Tom:  Had a similar situation with my 1960 MGA 1600.  Evryone said it was
the ground.  After checking and cleaning all the ecelctrical contacts,
including grounds, I decided to go to a local auto shop (Canadian Tire)
and picked up a 3-post mechanical switch. Installed it and voila...
everything worked.  The switch was $3.49.  Save yourself alot of grief
(unless you want to become intimate with your electrical harness and start
with the switch first (if you can come up with an inexpensive testing unit
like I did).  Just because the left side flashes doesn't mean the right is
ok!

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;