Re: Turn Signal problem

To: "Tom Reichard" <Tom@LakeMurray.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal problem
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:10:51 -0800
Tom,

I think you need to re-evaluate your assertion that all the connections and
components are good -- if you believe they are 'good' because the lights
come on and flash on one side, you are missing the possibility of high
resistance. This could be in the connection to earth (as suggested by
others), it could be a high resistance bulb on one side, it could be a poor
connection between the bulb and the socket, etc. (anywhere there is a
connection).

It could be a number of poor connections which together prevent correct
operation on one side. You might find that cleaning the connections to the
flasher unit (remember to get the turn signal flasher, not the hazard
flasher) fixes the problem on one side (this happened on my car), because
there is additional resistance in the flasher circuit on that side.

Regards,
      Simon

At 09:39 PM 11/24/97 -0500, Tom Reichard wrote:
>If the bulbs are good, the flasher is good, the switch is good and the
>wiring is good, then the turn signal ought to flash, right? Wrong. The
>singal lights, both front and rear, come on, but don't flash. (On the right
>side only. The left side flashes fine.) Since the lights are coming on, I
>know the bulbs, wiring, and turn signal switch is good. Since the other
>side flashes, I know the flasher is good. What am I missing???
>Thanks

---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation
                    Phone:  (510) 413-8820