Re: Wheel Alignment

To: mgpilot2@earthlink.net (The Johnson's)
Subject: Re: Wheel Alignment
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:45:38 -0500
I don't see why the wheel bearings would have to be repacked if it was
just done, unless you have serious suspension problems that damaged
them, but I think you would have noticed something that bad (or the
mechanic would have certainly told you).

Sounds like you have a good claim for the knockoffs.  They probably
never saw them before and had no idea how to get them off.  If you have
to, you can always go to small claims court (no lawyer needed, and cheap
to file - you get that back if you win).

I stopped taking my Midget to mechanics when the guy I took it to (who
claimed to have worked at an MG dealership in the '70s) had a teenage
flunkie working on my car.  No offense intended to the teenagers out
there, but I took it to him thinking an experienced MG mechanic was
working on the car.  Since then, no mechanical work has ever been done
on it outside of my own driveway.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort