Gray Oil???

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gray Oil???
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:55:14 -0500
Hello Everyone!

        I just wanted to say hello.  I joined the list just recently, and I've
owned (and been in love with) an MGB for about 8 years now.

        I've got a small problem (well, there's several small and large ones
actually...), but the one I want to clear up at the moment is the gray
oil in my car.

        I did an oil change recently and the oil that came out was gray in
color.  It has since (I left it sitting in the pan) seperated into what
appears to be water and oil... does this indicate a bad head gasket?  If
not, what is it?

        Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Chris Chandler