Re: driving questions

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: driving questions
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:37:25 -0500
>The Major reason truckers do not shut down and restart their engines is a
>little known factor in the LBC world. Turbocharger. Most of the Cats,
>Cummins, Detroit Deisels, etc that are used in the longhaul trucks have
>them. They get very hot. and if you shut the engine down the oil stops
>going to them and on a restart they are dry - but still hot.
>>
>Just thought I'd add my piece

That's why, with my mothers turbo Rx-7, she needs to start the car, idle it
for one minute, and when she's done, idle it for one minute so it cools
enough to safely shut the engine off.

I'd love to see that engine under the bonnet of my 78 (although I'd
probably have to use a C bonnet for it)

BEN RUSET
78 MGB Roadster (full o' water)
89 Mercury Cougar (Ghetto Cruiser)
Crossroads - http://www.monomouth.com/~bruset
^^^ Personal Web Page
Saftey Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
^^^ Note: Under construction, and taking submissions!