Re: driving questions

To: plandy@idt.net
Subject: Re: driving questions
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 19:02:29 EST
        Yeah, they do, Peter, but for different reasons.  Once you shut
off a diesel in freezing, or below, weather you have a major job on your
hands.  Remember that they fire by compression, not by a spark plug, so
the compression ratio is upwards of 20:1.  As my friend, Bob, would say:
If you let it get cold, then you are hooters high.  Besides, a good
diesel engine is just broken in right at 500,000 miles.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

There is no problem that cannot be solved
with either a checkbook or high explosives.