Re: Why an MG?

To: vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil
Subject: Re: Why an MG?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 14:34:36 EST
On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:17:24 +0100 "EPMD- Van syckel, John"
<vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil> writes: (lots of snips)
>Chris,
>
>I agree.  Cheap compared to Germany as well.  The last two ads I saw
>was
>for a '77 MGB for DM 20,000 ( US$ 11,750, supposed to be good
>condition)
>and a '68 BGT for DM 10,000 ( US$ 5,900, supposed to be in OK
>condition).
>"Jay"
>John S. van Syckel

Jay, sets me to thinking..... a colleague of mine will be returning to
Holland
early next year (he is Dutch so its a homeward leg..) and has been
deciding
whether to take his 76B or whether to sell it here in the US before he
leaves.
The car is a good driver, needs some bodywork but in overall good
condition.
I would estimate he will get about $3000-3500 on the local market if he
sells it
early next spring.
Estimating $500-800 for shipping it sounds like he may get a better price
taking it back to europe - mind you i doubt he would sell it if it goes
with him!
Are the prices you mention for Germany consistent? if so i had better
give him the tip!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT