Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 23:04:35 -0500
>dmeadow@juno.com
>The Eagle name first appeared on an AMC vehicle in the 70's.  It was a
>four-wheel drive version of a small sedan called the Commander(?).
 <snip>>
>David Littlefield
>Houston, TX

Hi Dave,

Not to start a long thread on this but the Eagle was based on the Concord
which was an upscaled Hornet. They also had an Eagle based on the Spirit
which was really just a fastback Gremlin. They had GM trannys with
quadratrac from the Cherokee models. They were simple cars and easy to work
on. I worked at an AMC dealer form '80 to '82. It was fun. AMC used to use
many different brand parts and at the time I drove a Dodge Dart which was
convenient becasuse the 2wd AMC's of the time used a variation of the MOPAR
A904 automatic tranny so I could easily get parts to try different things
with the tranny setup.

My 2 cents. Thanks.
Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB