Re: J.C. Whitney

To: "Benjamin Ruset" <bruset@monmouth.com>, "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>,
Subject: Re: J.C. Whitney
From: "Jerry K" <jkprod@hc.cns.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 13:22:52 -0500

----------
> From: Benjamin Ruset
> Subject: Re: J.C. Whitney
> Date: Friday, December 05, 1997 11:12 PM
>

> They have an aggrivating lack of LBC stuff in there. All they seem to
have
> is cheap Taiwaneese junk. "Pyramid" radios and such.
>
> Reminds me of the plastic junk you buy at souvineer shops.

Ben, for a young man, you are very opinionated and you are very quick to
criticize.

Lighten Up Dude.

J.C. fills a void out there, some people can only afford and want cheap
parts.  They have great deals on fiberglass Jeep panels (almost like
disposables).  I have been buying from them occasionally since 1972  (got
my first MG, they had Brit parts then).
Recently I purchased a ball joint splitter from J.C. (~$19.99) that is just
like the one shown in the Bentley manual, sure made the job of changing the
steering rack bellows much easier.  Cheap is nice when you only need to use
a tool once in a while and it is a generally heavy duty tool anyway (like
hammers, not much to break).

Preserving the "B"reed

Jerry K
3  74-1/2 MGBs