Re: J.C. Whitney

To: "Jerry K" <jkprod@hc.cns.net>
Subject: Re: J.C. Whitney
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 18:49:24 -0500
>Ben, for a young man, you are very opinionated and you are very quick to
>criticize.

As are you, for blasting such a response back to me. I was merely speaking
about their attention to LBCs and their cheap radios.

>Lighten Up Dude.

I think you should heed your own advice.

>J.C. fills a void out there, some people can only afford and want cheap
>parts.  They have great deals on fiberglass Jeep panels (almost like
>disposables).  I have been buying from them occasionally since 1972  (got
>my first MG, they had Brit parts then).

Great, if you're a Jeep owner. JC seems to cater more to owners of old
American iron, modern import stuff, VW and trucks.

>Recently I purchased a ball joint splitter from J.C. (~$19.99) that is just
>like the one shown in the Bentley manual, sure made the job of changing the
>steering rack bellows much easier.  Cheap is nice when you only need to use
>a tool once in a while and it is a generally heavy duty tool anyway (like
>hammers, not much to break).

I have nothing against "cheap". I'm not made out of money, either. I meant
"cheap" as in cheap QUALITY not cheap money. I'm sure you'd be mad if your
$20 ball joint splitter broke the first time you used it. Perhaps the first
words out of your mouth would be "cheap piece of junk." I'm not saying that
your tool is cheap, just that a majority of the electronics and add-on
accessories looked like garbage.

BEN RUSET
89 Mercury Cougar
78 MGB Roadster