Re: Smog 2

To: owl-z@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Smog 2
From: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 07:32:26 -0800
Owl-Z wrote:

> Pat,
> How exactly will Smog 2 be more severe and how will it impact the
> classic car owners . Are pre 74 cars safe? as Now .How do you pass?
> pay money? Thanks
>               Albert . Redondo Beach
> HELP SAVE THE PLANET & MAKE MONEY TOO
> The Revolutionary Earthsmart Laundry CD
>    Eliminates Laundry Detergent Forever
>  & 600 lbs. of detergent in the process!
> 1.Relax!!!!!!!!
>     2.Listen  : 512 703 6747
>         3.http://bounce.to/no-soap
>             4.Call Owl-Z: 1-888 365-0000 ext1781
If you have a pre 74 you will only have to get it smogged when sold but
you will still need to keep all the smog equiptment on it.If you as I do
have a post 74 the tests will be more strigent and expensive.There will
be a lot less smog stations because they will have to install a dyno at
a cost of about $30,000.If your car can't pass the station that is doing
the test can't fix it you will have to go to a special state approved
station .Of course if you own other cars of course they will be
affected.A friend of mine just had smog check on his 94 and it cost $65
for the test,the owner said he had to raise prices to pay for the
dyno,but he didn't have to do the dyno test yet my advice is if you have
a car due before march get it tested as soon as you can.This will be a
typical state fiasco.Imagine the poor slob who unaware waits until the
last moment to get his car checked fails and then can't drive it because
he doesn't have tags how will he get to work?The old BAR system has been
working well and has cleaned up the air a lot Why do we have to be in
such a rush? The EPA set the deadline at 2005 but Calif pushed it up to
2000 why?Lets fet some sanity back in this wouldn't it be better to nip
it in the bud than undo it later?
 Pat