1500 Midget recovery

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 Midget recovery
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 18:15:47 -0800
Well, yesterday we came home with another MG.  Nice
rust-free California tub, ugly paint, bad interior,
only minor dents.  Something in the driveline is
royally hosed, upon releasing the clutch there's
an awful thunk that I've never heard eminating
from a machine with the octagon badge on it.

Supposedly the engine was rebuilt.  It does fire
right up, all the oil pressure in the world, and
we've got the contact info for the place that
supposedly did the work.  No smog gear.  Breathing
through a 45mm Weber DCOE that needs that little
round cover plate and wing nut.  Very new tires.
It does drive, but the gearbox has got to come out!
Nice complete car drivable but don't trust it:  we paid
$200.  I'm so glad I maintain a residence in Arkansas!
No state inspection, no smog, just prove you've got it
insured and they'll give ya tags.

I also snagged a seemingly good smog pump for 1500
Midget out of the 'yard Saturday for $10.  Here we go!

Ya gotta love that dual gauge!  Looks like it's gonna
be a fun car.

-Keith Wheeler

Team Sanctuary