Re: How Triumph lost their underwear and got a "wedgie"

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: How Triumph lost their underwear and got a "wedgie"
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 20:18:55 +0000
Nory wrote:

> While we're on the subject (and please excuse my ignorance), and since
> the Stag was mentioned, what, exactly, was wrong with the Stag?  I've
> only seen one once in my life (a couple years ago) and didn't think it
> looked too bad, for a hardtop.  Were these mechanical nightmares too?
>
> -NORY
> Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
> ONLY problem.

Warping heads, I understand.  It wasn't uncommon for Rover V8 engines to be
fitted in place of the standard (pun) units, which required sheet metal work on
the bonnet to fit.

Nice looking car, I've always thought, although Quentin Willson described it as
"a bit of a hairdresser's wife's car".

PaulH.