MGB Seat Diaphragm - Only took a week!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Seat Diaphragm - Only took a week!!
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:31:00 -0700
Thanks to all who offered suggestions on installing the diaphragm.  After I
went out and bought myself a vise-grip, installation went much easier.
This is not what I would call an "easy" job, even though it looks like it
should be.  That black rubber diaphragm does not stretch very well.  Of
course, I also decided to repair several places where the upholstery had
come unsewn, while I was at it.  Now, I can't quite get used to not sitting
on the floor of my MG, visibility has changed, leaning into turns isn't
quite the same, I feel like I'm sitting up way too high!!  I guess it was a
successful job, and I must admit, I'm happy to be done.
Nina