Re: Bonnet pull cable length for MGB?

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Bonnet pull cable length for MGB?
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:04:37 EST
Trevor,
 I just measured the cable on my GT.  From the inside firewall, where it
passes through, to the release lever is 60", give or take an inch (hard
to measure.)
 There is also about 3 inches of the inner cable exposed at the lever end
to loop through the lever and then is clamped onto itself.
  If you can find a cable that is say, 65 inches or more in length,
you'll be safe enough. You can always cut off at bit, but it's damned
difficult to splice it!
 It is routed, by the way, behind the inner fendor braces, then under the
fender mounting flange (where the fender bolts are) and through the
radiator surround, then turns 90degrees to the release lever.
Hope this helps
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget