Re: MGF? No, merci

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 97 15:08:54 -0000
On 14/12/97 9:04 am Benjamin Ruset said

>The Mazda Rx-7 was (and still is!) light years ahead of it's time! The
>bloody car has NO PISTONS, but it's little 1.6 liter rotary engine will eat
>any Mustang 5.0 for breakfast. The Rx-7 isn't just an every day plain jane
>hairdresser's car. I mean, come on, how many hairdressers redline at 7k?

I THINK the RX7 and it's rotary engine the Wankel name has unfortunate
conotations  in the UK!) has been discontinued.

>The Miata is a "dress down" car for rich people, at least in my area.

The problem with the Miata, to me, is that it is too damn slow for a
1990s car. I believe you get a free calendar to calculate 0-60mph times.
Still, I guess hairdressers don't want to spoil their perms by driving
fast. ;-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk