Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 07:33:51 -0800 (PST)
Dear Trevor
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Trevor Boicey wrote:

=%OJust doing the first few things on the 1970 MGB
=%Oproject car I bought last week.
=%O
"description of misery removed"
=%O
=%O  However, putting on my new oil filter, I noticed that
=%Othe threads seem off-alignment to the gasket surface. The
=%Ofront edge touched quite a lot before the back edge.
=%O
=%O  In effect, I became a DPO because I had to torque the
=%Ooil filter down VERY hard to make the gasket touch all
=%Othe way around. I am not sure if I made a seal, I guess
=%OI will find out when I start it up. ;>

I thought 1970 MGBs had the inverted Teclamite filter- my '70 GT does.
What type of spin-on filter adaptor do you have on your MG?

=%O
=%O  Is there a way to fix this problem? To align the
=%Otwo surfaces somehow? Can something be bent a little?
=%O
=%O--
=%OTrevor Boicey
=%OOttawa, Canada
=%Otboicey@brit.ca
=%Ohttp://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II