Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?

To: <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:15:13 -0800
Mike....you're quite right, of course, (and I note Larry Macy pointed out
the same possibility shortly after I replied this morning).

However, I work on the assumption that people working on their cars have
some common sense! If the filter touches in just one place, the assumption
that the part to which the filter is being attached is bent would surely
have been immediately apparent. I thought the original poster meant the
filter was oscillating as it was installed, with the point of contact
moving around the adapter.

Still, maybe I'm too smart for my own good and missed the point of the
original post completely!!

Thanks for pointing out an alternative that hadn't occurred to me.....

Lawrie