MGB trunk lid

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB trunk lid
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:46:01 -0500 (EST)
I recently discovered that some DPO bent the inner structure of my trunk
lid on my '79.  Luckily, a friend of mine had one from an earlier car
('60's) that he gave me.  I think I can use it, but I have noticed two
differences.  His has a prop rod instead of a locking strut to hold it
open.  That's not a problem, the bracket is just slightly diferent.  This
is the one that makes me wonder:  there is a seal on the perimiter of the
lid, retained by a channel which is itself apparently spotwelded to the
inner panel.  Anybody know if I can leave this channel in place, or do I
have to cut all 30 or so welds?

Calvin Krug
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun"