Re: Distributor

To: Leigh Egbert <leigh@eznet.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 20:11:45 +0000
Leigh Egbert wrote:
> Dual points are normally hooked in series, slightly out of phase, the theory
> is that this gives more dwell time( the period that the coil has to "charge"
> as it were) giving a more stable spark.
> Leigh Egbert
> leigh@aol.com

That doesn't seem logical.  Single points can be adjusted to any dwell from
fully closed to fully open and everything in between.  We adjust them to a
specific figure because that gives us the best compromise between coil
charging time and discharging time.  How are dual points with more dwell time
different to single points with the same dwell time?

PaulH.