Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Review (Long)

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Review (Long)
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:30:30 -0600
Trevor,
I doubt that you've done much traveling if you really believe that American
cars aren't doing well in other markets.
The other night on a layover in Canada (a 'furrin' country) I saw almost
nothing but American cars.
I used to do trips to South America.  LOTS of American cars down there, and
they are highly prized for their ruggedness and durability.
In fairness, I have also seen some German cars as well.
I don't think anyone buys an MG to drive it to death over rough roads.  We
buy and drive them because they are charming cars.
They aren't as fast nor do they corner as well as a new hatch, but they
have charactor.  Something sadly lacking in modern cars, including your
Toytooter.
Frankly, after renting an 'F', I wish that they were available here in the
States.
Regards,
Ray