Re: Car Clubs and comments on Ricks ideas

To: <MGS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Car Clubs and comments on Ricks ideas
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 20:07:04 -0600
Ken wrote:

----------
>  Both of my sons (age 28) drive modern iron. A Cherokee and an
> Outback. The thought of owning an MG never crossed their mind until they
drove my TC. It
> will be a long time before either can afford any kind of an MG, but the
seed has been
> planted, and they both want one.

I may be off by a little, but doesn't it seem like one could purchase a
half-dozen Midgets, about four good running MGBs or a couple of TD's for
the price of even a base-model Cherokee or Outback? I think that  a good
runner suitable for club events, weekend cruising and running a few cones
would leave plenty left over for reliable family transport. If you can
afford to drive a late-model car and you really want an MG you can afford
one. It's a matter of priorities.

Phil Vanner
'61 Midget (about $3500 in over 2 years - driven 2k/year)