Re: clutch master cylinder leaking

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: clutch master cylinder leaking
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:44:02 EST
Blake,
  In all probability, the M/C bore is pitted.
 I recently pulled my Clutch M/C because of leakage (from the front, just
like yours. I had intended putting a new kit in it, but inspection
reveled a badly pitted bore.
  Two possible solutions. (1) spring for a new M/C from your favorite
supplier, or (2) have the old cylinder sleeved and rebuilt. Check with
Apple Hydraulics about that.
 If you just replace the seals in the pitted M/C the rough pits will
quickly wear the new seals and you are right back where you are now.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget