Re: clutch master cylinder leaking

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: clutch master cylinder leaking
From: MGSMGBGT <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 05:08:00 EST
In a message dated 12/23/97 3:10:34 AM, bwylie@hiwaay.net wrote:

<<
What do I need to do?  It was rebuilt just before I got it.  Could it be
that one of those seals up in there didn't get set right?  I just need a few
hints before I delv into this.  :)  Thanks in advance.

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB (and having fun)  :)

Depends on how it was rebuilt.  If the DPO used a cylinder hone, you may want
to take the cylinder body off the car and take to the local machine shop to
have the bore trued.  Old master cylinders wear in an oval shape after time,
and the new seals will not always set properly in such a bore.

Bob Shaw