clutch master cylinder leaking

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: clutch master cylinder leaking
From: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:03:19 -0600 (CST)
Another problem?  You better believe it!  :)  And I'm enjoying every minute
of it.  heheh (plus I'm 20, and I plan to keep on going for many years to
come).  Ok...my problem

The person who I got my car from had just rebuilt the clutch master
cylinder.  However, it was still giving me problems, and I attributed it to
air (it needed to be bleeded).  I haven't been able to bleed it yet though.

I had recently rebuilt my brake master cylinder, and it was pretty wet up
there from brake fluid.  Even after I had that rebuilt and back in, it was
still staying wet up there, and I had noticed that I was losing fluid out of
my clutch.  I have also found drops of fluid on my shoes when I had driven
it.  Tonight, I finally got around to looking at it, and I had someone push
the pedal a few times.  Sure enough, it leaks.  However, it seems to be
coming from the front where the little boot is put on.

What do I need to do?  It was rebuilt just before I got it.  Could it be
that one of those seals up in there didn't get set right?  I just need a few
hints before I delv into this.  :)  Thanks in advance.

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB (and having fun)  :)