Re: Fuel gauge

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel gauge
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 12:20:07 +0000
Rick Morrison wrote:

> Listers,
>
>   A short while back, someone had a posting about adjusting the fuel
> gauge on a B.
>  In one of my periodic hard drive cleaning, I managed to delete my copy.
> (fasted "delete" key in the East).
>  If you have a copy, could you please post it to me, privately if you
> like, or to the list as a whole. Whichever you prefer.  Besides, someone
> else might need it too.
> Thanks
> Rick Morrison
> 72 MGBGT
> 74 Midget

Hi Rick, I posted something recently, not sure if this is the one you meant,
but here
goes anyway.

If you take the gauge out you will see a circular cutout in the back of the
case by
each terminal post, they may have a cork disk in them.  Behind the cutout there
is a
thin, shiny metal piece with a slot cut in it.  Using a suitably sized
implement to
twist in each slot will adjust the high and low 'resting' positions of the
gauge, they
can be quite stiff.  I would advise shaping an old screwdriver to fit the shape
of the
slot as close as possible, it is easy to 'round out' the slot (I practised on
an old
gauge first and discovered this).  I adjusted the low position on the gauge and
the
high position using the voltage 'stabiliser' as I only have one electric
instrument.

Good luck,
PaulH.