Re: Supercharged LBC (now Crossflow head)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Supercharged LBC (now Crossflow head)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 00:02:20 -0500
Hi Larry:

Was your choice of the Rover engine done because there are pieces readily
available to bolt it into the B or was it because you wanted to keep it all
Brit?.  I have thought about a couple of Buick engines which I wonder if
anyone has used.  I am thinking specifically about the 3.8 V6 and the 2.8
V6.  The old 3.8 can be a real bomb and there are lots of them around.  The
2.8 was used in a rear wheel drive configuration in the Camaro and the S10
pickup.

Another interesting possibility would be the Cadillac 4.1 or 4.5 however I
don't know what would be involved in turning it into a rear wheel drive
unit.  If we are really dreaming, what about one of the late Japanese V8s?

If you did any research about possible engines for a B, I'd like to hear
what you found out.

Thanks,

John