Re: Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?

To: Scott Gardner <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 10:28:08 -0800
The 3.9 and 4.1 Rover motors are later models of the 3.5 liter model.
They come in Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and stuff. The advantage of
these is that they are aluminum and weigh about what a 4 cylinder cast
iron engine does. The GM V6's are cast iron and weigh a bunch.  These
Rover engines can be made to put out 200 hp w/out any real trouble or
expense, and a lot more w/ some money and expense.  The '78, and up, B's
are almost a drop in.  The earlier rubber bumper cars are trickier and
the chrome bumper cars are a real bitch to do.  Try
<www.mgcars.org.uk/v8convs.html> and
<www.mgcars.org.uk/v8conv/v8conv1.html> for the "V8 Conversion Co."
Additionally, contact Kurt Schley, the editor of the MG V8 Newletter at
<mgV8news@aol.com>.  You are not alone.

Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO
'58 Bugeye, '67 BJ 8, '67 MGB V8