Re: Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:01:39 -0700
Ok, I checked this story out.  After Costello visited Charles Griffin,
the Director of Engineering for British Leyland Limited, with his MGB-GT
V8 he was asked to take the car to Chairman Lord Stokes.  After his visit
with Lord Stokes ..........

"In late 1971 a brand new LHD harvest gold MGB-GT and Rover engine
arrived from Abingdon [to the Costello shop] with a request to fit the
engine into the car.  Two weeks later Ken personally delivered the
converted car to Special Tuning in Abingdon.  (BL never paid the 1000
pound invoice for the work.)"

This was written by Robin Weatherall in the MGB-V8 Newsletter Issue IV
Vol 2.

So it appears that it wasn't his car, or engine, and it was his labor
that he did not get paid for.

By the way, how do you make the Pound symbol?  It appears that my North
American keyboard does not recognize our British brethren's monetary
system; or, more likely, my computer skills are lacking.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas