Gas Guage/ Alt. problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Guage/ Alt. problem
From: Dean Crowley <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 10:54:49 -0600
My gas guage reads only 1/4 tank when full after replacing with a new sending
unit. The
guage goes to full if you ground it out at the wire near the tank. Hmmm.....Any
ideas.

My alternator has been replace several times in an attempt to fix a charging
problem. I
have also replaced the battery, terminals at the starter, checked the wiring,
replace
the red bulb, which now illuminates on start up, and still end up with a dead
battery
about every four days of driving. No drain on the battery being shown with a
meter. test
light to negative post shows no drain. Hmmmm.... Any ideas. Alternation show 14
plus
volts output. Apparently not getting to the battery. Hmmm...