Re: Gas Guage/ Alt. problem

To: Dean Crowley <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Guage/ Alt. problem
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 20:15:12 -0800
Hi Dean,
  If this were my vehicle, I would do 2 things straightaway:
  (1) Check for unrestricted continuity from the alt. output lug to the
     battery. It must be present for proper charging. Also check all your
     alternator connections for cleanliness and tightness.
  (2) If continuity is present, then check for alternator output in amps.
      It is possible, although unlikely, that you have good volts and bad
      amps. A local auto parts store should be able to test for current
     output if you lack an ammeter.
  I hope that this helps you.

Your friend,
-Vince