Re: Getting rid of rodents,,,W/O Cats!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Getting rid of rodents,,,W/O Cats!
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 11:06:40 -0600
Nory wrote:

> I've heard of some successes with mothballs.  Won't kill them, but they
> don't like the smell and, hopefully, decide to nest somewhere else.
>
> Cats are, by far, the best solution.
>
> -NORY
> Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
> ONLY problem.
>
>  '74 Midget & '71 parts car
>  '94 Ford Ranger
>  '86 Ford Escort
>  '89 Ford Probe
>  '96 North American Shepherd
>  2 cats (handiest shop tools around)
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9101

I had mothballs in the MGB once in a clean jar, it didn't seem to slow
down the mice much -- in fact they ate the label right off of the open
jar of mothballs.  Also, Decon attracts mice, so Do Not put it in the
car or you will end up with a big mess!  I once threw a half of a
package of Bait Bars (like solid Decon) in the trunk of the MGB so that
I could use it later.  I ended up with a trunk full of mouse droppings,
Bate Bar scraps and six dead mice!!  What fun!

Kevin Brown  '71 MGB  '74 MGBGT  '74 TR6  '76 TR6  '65 Sprite(For Sale)
Odessa MO     9 other assorted MGBs  '89 MR2  '97 Z28