Re: Kits based on MGBs (and Ferris' Ferrari 250 California)

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Kits based on MGBs (and Ferris' Ferrari 250 California)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:02:21 +0000
> Scott Gardner wrote:
> >         The catalog only lists two or three MGB-based kits, and none of them
> > are particularly inspiring.
>
>   The Brooklands, the AC Ace and.... any others I don't already
> know about?
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

Trev,
        I'll check again, but I think the Brooklands and the AC Ace were the
only two I saw.  The Ace isn't a bad looking little kit, but nothing
to trae the MGB body for.  As for the Brooklands, I don't even know
what the heck they're thinking!  It just looks like your generic
little euro-car.  Looking at those two kits explains why I would have
been salivating if the Ferrari 250 GT kit were actually based on the
B.
        A few of the kits in the catalog DO use MGB front suspension setups,
but not enough of the car to make it worthwhile to donate a decent 'B
to the project.
Scott