FW: Kits based on MGBs (and Ferris' Ferrari 250 California)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: Kits based on MGBs (and Ferris' Ferrari 250 California)
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 15:12:48 -0800
Saw this thread and I couldn't resist.  My friend Keith Knapp was partners
in Modena Design & Development and they built the car that was used in
Ferris Bueller.  I called him and he said that not only were the tail
lights MGB, but the front bumper, trunk lid, & handle, license plate holder
and hood hinges.  All bought from Moss Motors.  The windshield and glass
hardware were from a Fiat 124 and the back bumper was from a Karmann Ghia.
 I asked him why Smiths gauges were used and he said the the original
designer (Mark Goyette) was a british car fan and wanted british gauges.

Doug Gaither