TD engine transplant?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD engine transplant?
From: Greg Jones <gjones@mvp.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 16:37:54 -0800
Recently I asked for advice for a fellow club member on a cracked crank.
 Thanks to all who responded.  After getting estimates for rebuilding the
engine with new crank and a new pistons set, the total is about $3,000
plus, he is wondering if an MGB engine transplant might be an option.
This is a new project car, he has a MGA and Miget both which are
unaltered.  I mentioned the devaluation of the car and he responded that
it would give him more power for less money.  I promised to ask for
advice from the list without putting a negative spin on it.  So any
advice pro or con?

Greg Jones
57 MGA (still has an MGA engine)