Re: TD engine transplant?

To: Greg Jones <gjones@mvp.net>
Subject: Re: TD engine transplant?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 19:32:47 -0600
Greg Jones wrote:

> Recently I asked for advice for a fellow club member on a cracked crank.
>  Thanks to all who responded.  After getting estimates for rebuilding the
> engine with new crank and a new pistons set, the total is about $3,000
> plus, he is wondering if an MGB engine transplant might be an option.

I saw a tidy installation of a Chevette motor in a TD. It actually made it a
decent driver with little fuss. I would guess a 1275 'A' motor would be a
closer fit. Of course, you certainly wouldn't be the first one to put a Ford
V8/60 in a TD!

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"The biggest thing that happened to the six-cylinder engine in 20 years was