TD engine transplant?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD engine transplant?
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 22:03:15 -0800
Greg:
I just had my TD crankshaft replaced and the cost estimate sounds about right.
(For
$800 more I also had new pistons put in too.)  I might have considered
replacing the
engine with another XPAG but who knows what shape the replacement's crank would
be in.
I've heard about several crank failures lately and I think that they may just
be
reaching the end of their useful life.  Regarding any other engine, my personal
opinion
is that whatever you might save will cost you double when you sell the car.

Mark Sherman
'53 TD (supercharged!)