Re: Shock Conversion

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Shock Conversion
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:11:53 -0800
Thanks, and sorry, Ulix,

I found it just before getting your post.  Once something gets quoted and
cut and pasted and re-sent a few times it gets tough to find the source.

In response:
Yes, this brings the brackets down to a reasonable price, BUT, are the Spax
shocks are worth $100 each?  Maybe they are.  I have never used them on the
street or on the track.  I have never met anyone who has used them.

Some important questions (in my mind anyway)

Do tube shocks give better performance than lever shocks?  Why?

What is the cause of a lever shocks (supposed or real) poor performance in
the first place?

Is it something which can be fixed or upgraded in the lever shock, or is it
inherently a bad design?

Just devilishly advocating...
CTP