RE: Long distance towing

To: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, "Scott Wagner" <c332959@h281.mdc.com>,
Subject: RE: Long distance towing
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 98 09:20:37 -0500
We have towed our Midget several thousand (OK 2,000) miles using a tow
dolly. Unfortunately the rear is too narrow for the dollies I could rent.
I disconnected the drive shaft. I think if you want to use the B for a
daily driver your best bet would be a dolly that you could back the car
onto. Secure the steering wheel so the front (now rear) of the car won't
wander.  Then drive off and away you go!! I have to agree with Ross on
not towing on the rear wheels with the drive line attached. Although some
on the list have had other experiences.

Larry Macy
78 Midget