Re: The B is in the Driveway! Oh happy Day! (longish)

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The B is in the Driveway! Oh happy Day! (longish)
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:36:52 -0800
Dan:

Good on ya mate!!!!!!!!

Cheers:

Skip..........At 06:29 PM 1/10/98 -0600, DANIEL RAY wrote:
>I wrote the check today, and the '73 B is mine all mine!
>I just returned from towing my new toy up from Nashville today. The ol'
Chevy 5.7L Tahoe performed admirably and safely, as expected. (70mph up all
the hills at 2500 mph, there's no replacement for gobs of V8 torque, don't
ya know!)
>To fall into several threads:
>The color MUST be "Blaze", its a red-orange, more than an orange or
anything near Caca.
>AND
>I'm sitting here with the original AM radio, missing the faceplate, knobs
and the left (tuning) shaft bent and squashed, one of the push "auto tuner"
buttons is broken, but the "British Motor Corporation" is clearly there.
It's obviously not worth a reinstall, but it might make a neat paperweight
at the office...:)
>It was fun to see the looks on people's faces of all the people going up
on I-65 between Nashville, Tennessee and Ft. Knox, Kentucky, with a black
Chevy Tahoe "Sport" 4x4 towing the cute little orange LBC!

>"Oh Bobby Joe! That's a cute little thang!"
>"Huh? Awww, Martha that's a nice truck 'n all, but them folks don't go
muddin' er huntin' with it anyway, damn thing's too clean!"
>"No, Bobby Joe, that Keeeyuutte little car he's a-towin'!"
>"Oh...damn Furrrin junk...damn Miata's are so screwed up they gotta tow
'em around! See, I told ya that ol' Vega Charlie's got at his place would
be a better car for ye! Go like gangbusters they do...."

>Anyway...this was what I, the proud new Papa, was imagining. No offense to
all my possible cousins in Tenn and Ky!
>Time to roll up my sleeves tomorrow and dig into this thing. Hey, it
starts, runs a little rough when cold, but everything's working fine. The
interior wouldn't shut off, so I pulled the lamp...Ah, I have the MG I've
been looking for!
>The questions will probably flow in from me once I get the thing up on the
lift at the shop and look for the problem areas, folks!
>All in all, not a bad deal at $2500 and a brand new Haynes manual, new
windshield, headlamp and all the front bearings thrown in!

>I am now officially an MG owner!!!
>
>Dan Ray
>Ft. Knox, KY
>Basking in the glow of new ownership, undaunted by the possibility of
impending doom, and feeling very optimistic on a Saturday night...WooooHoooo!