RE: Fuel guage sender ohms, second try -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Fuel guage sender ohms, second try -Reply
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:50:10 -0800
Well...
The cynic in me says that it's economics or laziness or apathy on the parts
of the car companies.

Is there a way to get linear output?
ABSOLUTELY...piece of cake for a resistor maker.  BUT:

They would have to have a different sender for any change in size and shape
of fuel tank.  Car companies don't like to pay for X number of 10 different
items, when they can get 10X of one piece for a lot less money.

The bottom line: Is Ford losing to Chevy or vice versa because their fuel
guages don't read spot on?

CTP