RE: Transmission Leak

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Leak
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:28:22 -0500
At 10:27 PM 1/14/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Hmmm...how long ago was it that I was crowing like a rooster on the great deal
>I had?

>That thought had crossed my mind, but the optimist in me was unwilling...

>Speaking of Mike..."Danger's my middle name"......hehe..cool cars in That
>movie!

>Bad news begets funny thoughts, right?

>So...I'm starting a Christmas song

>Four valves a burnin'

>Three Brakes a'spurtin'

>Two leaks in the exhau...haust...

>One Blown Main Seal!  etc...

>One makes light of things at the darkest hour...

>She looks good though! That's gotta be something! No rust...oh sh*t...

>Dan

>'73 MGB

>"It's not a problem. It's a challenge!"

A head job is not too expensive. the brakes can be fixed over the span of two
weekends, one weekend per end.  Parts for brakes would amount to around $100.
Leaks in the exhaust are not too bad.  Just make sure you get the car up off
the ground and supported well.

I wouldn't really worry Dan.  You have support in the listers here.  Many
hundreds of years of experience are at your service.

I too had to start from scratch.  My first B was a '78.  New interior, new
brakes, some new engine parts, new tires, a lot of elbow grease, and it looks
gorgeous.

Just take it one day at a time.  Then when spring comes, you can put the top
down and have pride that you raised the dead like many others have done.

Feel free to drop me an email any time for some help.  I'd be happy to assist.
I was once in your shoes.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.