Steering Wheel Resoration

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Wheel Resoration
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 05:28:00 -0500
DR>.rad-pm3.bluegrass.net>

DR>This may sound a bit weird, but my steering wheel's rim is kinda ratty =
DR>but it's otherwise solid and sound, and I had an idea on how to improve =
DR>it:
DR>Like a combat boot - strip it, dye it and polish it with Kiwi to a high =
DR>"spit shine". (I've got a LITTLE experience with this, like 13 years =
DR>worth.)=20
DR>Now, I don't want the polish to come off in my hands, so should I seal =
DR>it with something? A good "spit-shine" (no not with real spit) shouldn't =
DR>rub off, but I would think sealing it might help the job last longer.=20
DR>Any ideas on a good clear leather sealant? Is treating a steering wheel =
DR>like a combat boot silly?
DR>Any comment or suggestions are welcome.=20

  Dan,
     I used some stuff on wood that might work real nice.. It was a two
    part epoxy ( they use it on those Cypress clocks ) set the wheel up
    flat and level, then dribble it on. You should end up with an
    excellant, highgloss finish.
     I wish I'd have thought of it when I tried to do something with the
    wheel on my 65 midget ;(

 John Kahoon
  71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.com
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pc-ohio.com