Re: Clutch problems may be solved..

To: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch problems may be solved..
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:40:36 -0800
Ron Madurski wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to get it unstuck?  I was thinking I'd push start
> it and put the clutch in and pump the gas a bit to get the car to sort
> of rock.  Or maybe just rock it on the garage floor?

Here's an extreme method featured in Moss a few years ago:
        Jack the car up so the rear wheels are off the ground in a big, empty
parking
lot.  Start the car, and the rear wheels should begin to turn.  Have an
assistant
lower the rear wheels onto the ground while your foot is on the clutch, and the
car
will shoot forward.  Hopefully, the clutch will unstick itself from the shear
force.
However, be VERY careful!  I've never tried this method, but it seems to have a
high
rate of disaster!

--
Michael S. Lishego