Re: Clutch problems may be solved..

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Clutch problems may be solved..
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:47:15 +1100
This is the advice from the "clutch diagnostics" section of the AHSDC's web
page

Does the car still want to drive along even when the clutch pedal is hard
down on the floor?
Possible problems are:

If the car has not been driven for a while, the clutch driven plate
may have rusted to the flywheel. Push start the car in 2nd or
3rd gear and drive along holding the clutch pedal to the floor
and "kangaroo hop" the car with the accelerator.

If you have just fitted a new driven plate, you may have installed
it backwards. If so, the damper springs may be fouling the flywheel bolts.

The clutch diagnostics are at
 http://www.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/cars/goblins/tech/clutch.htm

Mike Gigante                                       mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Watsons Creek Vineyard                     http://www.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg